Being loved is awesome. So what could be even better? Giving love. Why? Because that's what we are called to do.
In everything that we are called to do, we are also called to sacrifice. Loving others requires sacrifice—lots of it. It requires time, energy, and sometimes money. We don't always feel like doing it, and when we do it, we expect the same in return. But no, we are called to give without expecting anything in return, love the unlovable, and owe no one anything except love:
"But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil."
"Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law." Romans 13:8
Salt Stains has some new and some old items for this Valentine's Day—for those (ladies AND gents) who are looking for more meaningful and personal gifts. :)
1. "You Are My Beloved" Card: This phrase is drawn from Song of Solomon 6:3, "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine," and this is a bride referring to her groom. Very romantic and oh-so-poetic. I believe marriage is a gift God created for mankind, and it is something to be celebrated! And one big way to do that is to actually express how much you love your spouse—REGULARLY. ;)
2. "You Are Loved" Print: There are actually 2 different prints (second print) with this phrase in the shop. Scripture emphasizes love so so much and this is required of EVERYONE. Husbands are to love their wives (Ephesians 5:25), we are to love our neighbor (Mark 12:31), we are to love our parents (Exodus 20:12), parents are to love their children (Proverbs 13:24), and we are to love each other (John 15:12). And this is because God loved us first (1 John 4:19) and exemplified his perfect love to us (Romans 5:8). SO. We are to love those around us. Give out love like the richest person in the world, because we can afford it!
3. "Love Made Complete" Print: How about a Scripture verse about love? 1 John (below) calls us to love with the kind of love God showed us himself, through the Holy Spirit that is in us. Here's the entire passage:
"This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."
1 john 4:10-14
4. "We Love Because" Print: The truest and purest love that the world ever saw was shown by God the Father and his Son, Jesus. He sacrificed his life, dying on a cross for sinners like us (Philippians 2:8).
"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother." 1 John 4:15-21
5. Custom Prints: So you have a special person(s) in mind. Do you know their favorite verse? Make a custom print just for them, a personalized print that can uplift them and remind them of God's goodness and love. Scripture never fails.
6. Custom Vow Prints: Make a print with your wedding vow to cherish your marriage through the ups and downs for years to come. I've made so many of these now and I just LOVE making them because I can see the love in the couples' marriages. I believe marriage is sacred and is a life commitment and a gift from God. With our vow we made a promise before God and witnesses. Marriage is sacred also because it represents Christ's commitment and love for his Church.
7. Custom Bouquet Paintings: Husbands, your wives will love this. I've gotten so many messages about this, just how much they love seeing their own wedding bouquet hanging in their home. Flowers don't last at all, but paintings definitely do!
Send lots of love this Valentines Day by giving! And I feel so blessed to play a part in small ways like this.
Thank God for love. x
This free wallpaper here :)
P.S. the faint yellow background is just for this wallpaper, not the actual print!